- Customized modular configuration
- Single lift installation
- Load bearing roof to accommodate additional processing equipment
- High-efficiency processing tanks
Derrick Equipment Company and GustoMSC-Ocean Design Inc. have entered into a development services and sales agreement in order to collaborate in the development and marketing of Solids Control Modules for installation and service on Jackup drilling units.
Derrick and GustoMSC-Ocean Design Inc. recognize a movement in the market by operators to want to drill for deeper formations at greater penetration rates thereby motivating drilling contractors to refurbish and increase the drilling capacity of the world's Jackup fleet. One major upgrade required is the addition of extra high capacity mud pumps, which leads to the requirement for a high capacity solids control system.
Derrick and GustoMSC-Ocean Design Inc. are presenting to the industry a series of Solids Control Modules that will be specifically designed to fit the size and capacity of several Jackup rig designs. Our first effort is aimed at a Solids Control Module to fit the Marathon LeTourneau 116, 84 & 53 class rigs, which are strong candidates for an upgrade.
The Solids Control Module we propose is designed to accept flow capacities up to 2800 GPM, degassing capacity of 1200 GPM, desanding capacity of 1500 GPM and desilting capacity of 1600 GPM. All associated independent tanks and pumps required for the system are included in one compact skid. An auger system is supplied to move cuttings forward or aft of the Solids Control Module as required by the ongoing operation. A 300 lb. per sq. ft. capacity upper deck is designed to accommodate two centrifuges for fine solids separation. The Solids Control Module is built to be installed on the aft starboard corner of the drilling unit in one single lift.
Derrick and GustoMSC-Ocean Design Inc. propose to offer the basic Solids Control Module, incorporate all client specific engineering and equipment design changes and then offer the client a single turnkey price for the Solids Control Module delivered dock side on schedule to a port of your choice.
Derrick and GustoMSC-Ocean Design Inc. believe the purchase of this system by the client offers the following advantages:
- A custom built, state-of-the-industry package designed specifically to fit the space available and weight requirements of the subject drilling unit.
- The solids control equipment incorporated in the system is specifically designed for the rig's pumping capacity while maintaining a minimum number of units to simplify future maintenance issues.
- The turnkey project format places the delivery and fabrication schedule responsibility on Derrick and GustoMSC-Ocean Design.
- The turnkey single source of supply allows the client's staff to focus on the overall project management of the rig refurbishment.
- The turnkey single price helps minimize financial exposure and controls the overall project cost.
Features and Specifications
INTEGRATED PROCESSING SYSTEM DESIGN
- Derrick Flo-Line Cleaner 514 shakers (2800 GPM capacity)
- Derrick Flo-Divider ensures equal flow across all shakers for improved efficiency
- Remote operated knife gate valves enable actuated positive shut-off to each shaker
- Derrick Flo-Line Cleaner 514 Mud Cleaner
- Derrick DSV-10-3 Desander (1500 GPM capacity)
- Derrick D-RND-CMS-04-20 Desilter/Mud Cleaner (1600 GPM capacity)
- Derrick Vacu-Flo 1200 Degasser (1200 GPM capacity)
- Connections installed for future centrifuges
- Derrick Premium 250 belt-driven 8x6x14 centrifugal feed pumps (100 HP, 1800 RPM motors)
- Derrick Premium 250 4x3x13 flushing/transfer pump (20 HP, 1800 RPM motor)
- High-efficiency processing tanks:
- Sand trap offers 85 barrels of working volume
- Four processing tanks
- Working volume of 25 barrels each
- Round design to improve processing efficiency
- Vortex breakers on all pump suction lines eliminates cavitation
- Tank design enables fast clean-out
- Sloped bottom consolidates low-gravity solids
- Integral wash down jets minimize need for manual cleaning
- Drain sumps offer common collection point
- Manhole access way provided when needed
- Ditch and gate system allows returns to be taken at any tank
- Bypass capability built in for taking returns directly to active mud system from flow line, Flo-Divider or sand trap
- Underflows and overflows ensure optimum processing efficiency
- Designed specifically for the MLT 116-C rig class
- Modular configuration can be customized for other rig classes
- Single lift installation
- Utilities routed to tie in points and/or junctions boxes to simplify hook-up
- Approximate dimensions: 28' L x 36' W x 24' H
- Approximate dry weight: 190 kips
- ABS/USCG approved lighting
- ABS/USCG approved fire hose reel
- Eyewash and safety shower
- Sink with potable water connection
- Integral cuttings splash guards on shakers
- Load bearing roof to accommodate centrifuges, mwd/mud loggers cabin and/or auxiliary cuttings drying systems